Sunday, August 18, 2013

Frida - Art Journal

Hello creative peeps!!  I hope you all are having a wonderful summer and enjoying these last few days before school starts.  Things have been buzzing around here just not in my studio.  No, I've been out enjoying my family and friends but this weekend I wasn't able to join my guys on a beach adventure.  I had to stay back and care for my sweet Bella.  She is having major health issues right now.  So if you don't mind adding my four legged baby to your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated.  Since I was home alone, I had the chance to get creative.  

Whenever I go through a dry creative spell, I like getting back into the swing of things by playing in my art journal.  So that is exactly what I did.  This page already had a few base colors on it for me to work with and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to use some of my new stamps.


The virgin and heart stamps are retired Paper Wings stamps from when Carrie owned Stamp Antonio.  She usually pulls them out for shows but if you'd like one, you could try emailing her.


I picked up this beautiful Frida stamp at the Heirloom Productions Rubber Stamps and Paper Arts Grapevine show.  It's made by Lost Coast Designs and has a quote on it but I decided not to use it.  I colored her in with Prismacolor pencils.  The wings, feather crown and bird are all rubons from my stash.  My sentiment is from the new Paper Wings Productions Brave Girls stamp set and can also be purchased in the smaller With Wings stamp set.  I really love all of the sentiments on the Brave Girls stamp, you should check it out!


I also used the Paper Wings Productions Flower Power set, this one is one of my new favorites.  I've been using it a lot :D  I added the stars with a Heidi Swapp stencil, Dylusions and white gel pen.


I thought it would be fun to give Frida a new pair of legs so I found these in a magazine.  I think she looks pretty cool in her Converse, don't you?!  The roses behind her head are from a magazine too.  I hope you like my modern twist on Frida!!  

Thanks so much for stopping by & Have a Beautiful Day!!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Norma, sorry to hear of your Bella's illness.Our pets mean so much to us. I love your Frida page, especially her jeans and Converse shoes. So creative,and inspiring! I also purchased the Brave Girls stamps because of their great sayings, just haven't used mine yet. Have a great week, with many blessings.
    Mindy
    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool page Norma!
    Hope your Bella's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool! Prayers for your fur baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks amazing!!
    hope bella is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - love all the colours and those amazing stamps! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME Norma!! You are so super talented!!! This is gorgeous as always!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous, Norma!! The colors are so fabulous and I love all of the stamps you used!! What an awesome journal page!! Adding Bella to my prayers - I hope she is feeling much better soon. Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page, so vibrant. Hope Bella feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving those vibrant colours!!

    Hope Bella feels better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful....
    Sending healing prayers to Bella.
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool page! Frida looks very determined :)
    My thoughts are with you and Bella...our fur-friends are so important to our families...hope she is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...