Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Me & My House

Hey friends!  I've got a new canvas to share with you today.  This is actually a canvas remix because it started out as another finished piece that I really wasn't too happy with.  So after thinking about it for awhile, I decided to go ahead and paint over it and this is the new finished piece.


This is the first house I've done and now I'm thinking I'd like to create a series of them.  So you'll probably see a few more over the course of the next month or two.  I get a little A.D.D sometimes and have to change things up because I get board.  Lately my focus has been on painting women because I've been trying to practice and get better at them but it was time for a break.


This is the original piece, I loved the message but wasn't happy with the overall design.  So I just started adding paint and sketching over it.


I started by adding my signature 3-D enamel swirls in a beautiful turquoise.


Next came the little house.  I just had to add a heart ;D


I added some subtle script to the base of the tree and home that reads, As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.


I've also added The Lord is My Shepard randomly all over the canvas.


Thanks so much for joining me today!  Have a great one!!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous, Norma. This piece is so full of warmth and love. I am crazy about it! I like what you said about mixing things up. My daughter's art professor just told her "never let yourself get too comfortable, mix it up to keep yourself fresh" I think that's great advice and it's obviously true. I adore your "ladies" but this piece says something totally different! Ok…enough rambling! Thanks for sharing…Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a gorgeous work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is just sooo beautiful! awesome work (as always) norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and look at all that texture! Can`t wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a wonderful canvas! Love the vivid colours and great textures!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the swirls and the glowing colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...