Thursday, July 11, 2013

Urban Angel

Hello my crafty peeps!  Today I have a new mixed media canvas to share with you.  I think I'm gonna call this one "Urban Angel" because the background feels urban to me.  What do you think?


This is an 8x8 canvas that I started back in April with the Paper Wings Productions April in Paris  & March Mixed Media kits.  I transferred the clip of the lit merry go round onto the canvas but my background was to dark so it didn't show up very well.  I tried to keep going but I got stuck and it ended up sitting on my self for the last few months.  Then a couple of nights ago I decided it was time to finish it up!


I started out giving the background a nice blue wash with Liquitex soft body acrylic paint and then added some texture with the circle stencil from my PWP April Mixed Media kit.


Next I did that transfer I was telling you about.   Since it didn't show up well I decided to add the heart.


This sweet little angel is from the PWP March Mixed kit and can also be purchased individually on the clip art sheet here.


So to finish it off, I decided to simply add some stencil work behind the heart, drips and splatters of white ink, some random stamping and outline the heart.


Sometimes you just have to walk away from a project or just let it sit for awhile to get a fresh perspective.   This canvas turned out completely different from what I imagined but that's okay.  To me art is a living thing that takes on it's own life and directs me on how to complete my project.  All I do is stay open minded and go with the flow!!

Compact Pocket Mirror - Mixed Media

This canvas in also available is this beautiful little pocket mirror.  You can pick one up in my Etsy shop: Little Honey Bee Studio.

Well thanks for joining me and have a WONDERFUL day!!!


8 comments:

  1. Norma, you are so insightful. That's exactly how I feel when I start a project. When I started my art journal I thought I had to finish the page I started. I soon learned that was not necessary. I now thumb through my journal, and when a page says STOP! that is the one I work on then. Thank you for your inspiration.
    Mindy

    http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Norma!! The background is beautiful!! I love the texture and the fabulous image!! Awesome as always!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Norma - this is so beautiful! What fabulous colours and I love the angel. Now, see, if I was to do something like that it would look terrible, but you just seem to pull things from nothing and produce a work of art. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I love love love colors and the heart!! Thanks for visiting my bloggy!!! I am following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very cool!! another fantastic one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is fantastic! And, I love the title :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...