Thursday, July 28, 2016

DecoArtMedia Under the Sea Challenge: Mermaid Warrior


Hi everyone!!  Are you ready for another DecoArt Media challenge?  I hope so cuz this is a super fun one!!!  This challenge is an Under the Sea theme, YAY!  That means you can do anything from bright and fun fishies to dark and mysterious sea monsters or even cool submarine stuff. The Mixed Media Design Team has been very busy creating some great inspiration pieces that are being featuring throughout the challenge and we can’t wait to see what you come up with for this challenge.

The challenge is open for entries until August 12, 2016. The winner of this challenge will be chosen by the DecoArt Media Design Team on August 15th and announced on the DecoArt Media Social Media Channels on August 19th. The winner will receive a generous $100 DecoArt Gift Card for use on the DecoArt Media Online Store. Feel free to submit multiple entries!!!! 


I was seriously excited to start my project for this challenge.  I knew right away that I wanted to create a FIERCE mermaid warrior so that's what I set out to do.


I have a lot of scraps of paper in my stash so I decided to lay those down for my first layer.  If it was blue, down it went with American Decoupage Matte.


Next up, a little bit of random texture using the Americana Pixelated Stencil and DecoArt Media Crackle Paint.  I'm using the crackle paint in place of molding paste so I wasn't tying to get a crackle look.  I just wanted the added dimension.  I think the pixels kinda look like tiny bubbles.


I toned down the papers using white gesso before adding color.  I created the background using DecoArt Fluid Acrylics in Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue mixed with Blue Interference.  The interference adds a beautiful pearlescent tone which helps create depth and the feeling that the rays of the sun are dancing through the water.  


Once the background was done it was time for the fun stuff: sketching!!  Yes, this is my favorite part of my projects.  The moment I've figured out my design and lay down my sketch because this is when my project comes to life.  My mermaid consists of the following DecoArt Fluid Acrylic colors:
Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Teal Hue, Phthalo Green-Blue, Paynes Grey, Pyrrole Red, Titian Buff, Titanium White, Hansa Yellow Medium, Cadmium Orange Hue and Burnt Sienna.


I added K&Company Tim Coffey die cut fish to help create my under the sea scene.  The top of her shield is from a turtle die cut.  In order to blend and bring the die cuts to life, I painted in details, highlights and shadows.


In order to give her that dripping with attitude, don't mess with me look, I added war paint to her face and chest.  I also added my favorite bohemian accessories like her arm band, necklace and cuff.  My girls just aren't complete without a little bohemian flair.


Now the only question is: should I add a quote or not.  Hmmm.......we shall see!!


I hope I've inspired you play along with us in the DecoArt Media Under the Sea challenge.  Be sure to stop by the DecoArt Media Blog for more Under the Sea inspiration and to check out all the other entries.  To purchase the products I've used, visit the DecoArt Online Store.

Thank you so much for joining me today!   Have a beautiful day!!

22 comments:

  1. Everyone here thinks your Warrior is FABULOUS Norma. Me too!! What a wonderful idea - unique and fun. She is really BEAUTIFUL but definitely has the STRONG WARRIOR appeal. WONDERFUL artwork. Loved seeing this!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone here thinks your Warrior is FABULOUS Norma. Me too!! What a wonderful idea - unique and fun. She is really BEAUTIFUL but definitely has the STRONG WARRIOR appeal. WONDERFUL artwork. Loved seeing this!! Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norma!!! WoW...still picking my jaw up off the floor because your project has just blown me away!!! Gorgeous, beautiful, brilliant...etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the painting, beautiful use of color and yes mermaid itself is beautiful. Thank you for sharing a lovely painting with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drawing a beautiful mermaid. I would like to draw this pretty well. But i'm not pretty How do I get this? การออกกำลังกาย

    ReplyDelete
  6. บาคาร่าออนไลน์

    เกมส์ ไพ่ออนไลน์ ยอดนิยม เล่นง่าย ได้เงินไว ได้เงินจริง การเล่นไพ่บาคาร่าในอดีต จะมีการเล่นกันเฉพาะแต่ในสถานคาสิโนเท่านั้น ผู้ที่ชื่นชอบการเล่นไพ่บาคาร่า หากประสงค์จะเล่นก็ต้องเดินทางไปยังสถานคาสิโน ซึ่งไม่มีในประเทศไทย ต้องเดินทางไปเล่นกันในต่างประเทศ

    ปัจจุบันเทคโนโลยีสื่อสารที่ทันสมัย ช่วยทำให้คนสามารถเล่นบาคาร่าออนไลน์กันได้ผ่านเว็บไซต์ผู้ให้บริการหรือผ่านแอพริเคชั่นบนมือถือ อำนวยความสะดวกให้แก่ผู้ชื่นชอบการเล่นบาคาร่าไม่ใช่น้อยเลยทีเดียว รูปแบบของ บาคาร่าออนไลน์ ที่นิยมเล่นกันเป็นรูปแบบของการเล่นกันแบบสดๆ ถ่ายทอดผ่านเว็บไซต์ผู้บริการ และมีเครื่องมือที่ช่วยให้ผู้เล่นสามารถเลือกวางเดิมพันได้ทั้งฝั่งผู้เล่น Player หรือ ฝั่งเจ้ามือ Banker และสามารถเลือกที่จะวางเดิมพันเฉพาะตาใดไม่วางตาใดก็ได้ หรือจะวางทุกตาไปก็ได้ ผู้เล่นสามารถวางใจได้ ว่าจะไม่มีการเล่นตุกติกใดๆ การแพ้ชนะวัดผลกันแบบแฟร์ๆ ไม่มีใครได้เปรียบเสียเปรียบกัน หากชนะเดิมพันก็ได้เงินกันจริงๆ เล่นบาคาร่า นับว่าเป็นที่นิยมอย่างแพร่หลายในหมู่ผู้ที่ชื่นชอบการเล่นบาคาร่าออนไลน์อย่างมากในปัจจุบัน

    บาคาร่าออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot for providing such information with us.This blog is very helpful for me. It helped me in so many ways. Really I appreciate your efforts.

    Dissertation writing services

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for providing such information with us. This blog is very helpful for me. It helped me in so many ways. Really I appreciate your efforts. Have a look at Sidr honey for your health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I love this art. I remember I used to paint as well, but since I have started providing essay services, I haven’t had the time to even touch my paint brushes. Anyway, I guess I can use my holidays for painting. Seeing your post inspired me to return to my. I will be following your future posts as well for inspiration and motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Cheap Dissertation Writing Help Service
    in worldwide of BookMyEssay are dependable and we have a group of experienced scholars who can give the most gifted custom composing help at the most sensible expense. Therefore, it is affordable to take assignment help in worldwide from BookMyEssay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Explore captivating graphic design logos inspired by the essence of the USA. Our collection showcases innovative designs that encapsulate American values and identity, creating iconic visual representations for businesses and brands.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "LogoVent: A Fusion of Creative thinking and Accuracy. We provide unique and powerful visual identities that are suited to your brand as our niche of expertise in Custom Logo Design Company.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Create a Dynamic fitness web designfor Your Business with WebsLeagues. Our area of expertise at WebsLeagues is offering expert web design services made especially for fitness companies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...