Monday, November 12, 2012

Army Strong

Today I'd like to honor my brother-in-law Mike who served in the Marines, Army Reserve and National Guard as well as all of the other men and women of our armed forces. Thank you so much for your sacrifice and service.


Today I'm sharing a very personal layout.  This photo was taken after my basic training graduation ceremony.  My son had just turned two years old a couple of weeks before and this was the first time I'd seen him in 8 weeks.

Our visit was very brief because I was getting ready to ship out to my MOS training.  I was gone for a total of 16 weeks for all of my training.  It was very hard to leave my son for those four months but I knew it was the best thing I could to for us at the time and I have no regrets.  This layout is for my son and the journaling explains why I made the decision to join the Army.

I never would have imagined myself in the military but I loved every minute of it because it pushed me to my limits and taught so much about myself.  I am so proud to have served my country.

Thank you so much for stopping by and for all of your wonderful comments!

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, thanks for sharing your story

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome layout, Norma!! The picture is beautiful!! And thank YOU for your service and sacrifice!! Have a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful layout and story! Thank you for serving our country!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful layout and photo Norma! Love the papers and design. Thank you for your service! Happy Veteran's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...