Wednesday, December 3, 2014

She's a Dreamer

Hi everyone!   I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving.   I took some time off from my studio but I was itching to get back to painting.   I found a beautiful photo on Pinterest that inspired me to create this lovely lady.


In case you haven't noticed, I love gypsies, hippies and all free spirits so they're a favorite subject for me.  I even tell my kids that I was a gypsy in a past life, lol.


The majority of the background is a thin book text wrapping paper along with scraps of patterned papers.  Then as usual, I sketched out my focal image.


She came together nicely.  I kinda wonder if I should have left her color like this.  What do you think? Do you like this better than the darker/colorful hair in the finished piece?


No gypsy would be complete without beautiful jewelry.  So next I added tons of gold trim, bangles and necklaces.


With her done, I added warm tones to the background and beautiful flowers.  I was really loving the piece at this point but I really wanted to add a sentiment.


I found the perfect quote:
She's a Dreamer, a doer, a thinker.  She sees possibility Everywhere and in Everything.


So what do you think?!  I love her and I hope you do too!!


Here is a closer look at the background and the flowers.  You can see the book text wrapping paper and beautiful zentanglish stamped flowers/flourishes behind the painted flowers.


Close up look at her ;D


This canvas is 16x12".  I'll be adding it to my Etsy shop, LittleHoneyBeeStudio tomorrow.  Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you've enjoyed your visit!  Until next time!!

Update!  Original available for purchase HERE



3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I loved the color of hair at the finished point more n sparkling jewelry is the cream of this canvas....sentiment is beautiful too :) loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous colours, love her hair in the final! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such vibrant colors... totally gorgeous. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...