Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fall Pumpkins

 I just love all the warm rich colors of fall and I'm itching to start decorating my house.  So I'm gearing up by starting on some projects for my shop.


These little pumpkins started out as paper mache.


I applied strips of book text to the taller pumpkin and then some gesso to both to prep them for painting.


I used various shades of yellow, orange, copper and brown in fluid and soft body acrylics.  I drew in the scrolls freehand with black 3-D Gloss Enamels (love that stuff).


I added a beautiful copper leaf to the shorter pumpkin.


I thought they'd look good with "Little Bird" so I created a little vignette.  After I took this photo, I ended up making a fall floral arrangement to go with them but it was too dark to get a good pic.  I'm taking all of these projects down to Homestead this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! This was my first time working on paper mache and I really liked it. It took the paint so well :D

      Delete
  2. oh my golly!!!!! these pumpkins are absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in love with these! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job!!! Love the look of the finished pumpkins!! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pumpkins are gorgeous! I was thinking about getting out my fall stuff soon. Thanks for the push. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Norma, your pumpkins are so beautiful! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!This is fabulous!!Gorgeous Pumpkins!!Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are falltabulous!! I love fall, too! So ready to start getting my stuff out and decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now you are making me want to start decorating! These pumpkins are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pumpkins are fabulous! What a great accent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fabulous, Norma!! I love how you decorated the beautiful pumpkins!! So classy and festive :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously cool! Love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! beautiful and a fabulous decor piece!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...