Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chase the Sun - Mixed Media

Hi you guys!!  Boy this week is flying by and there are so many fun things happening.  Did you all hear about the Paper Wings Productions Feb Challenge?  They are having an Anything Goes challenge and the winner will win a $20 gift certificate to their online store.  Here is the link: PWP Feb Challenge - Anything Goes.  I'll have more on that soon!  They also released the Feb Mixed Media kit.  The theme is love and it comes with a cute little heart tin.  Here is the link so you can check it out: Love kit.  But wait, there's more!!  They released a NEW stamp set for Feb and it is gorgeous!!!  You can see it HERE.  Okay so now let me show you what I've working on :D


Let me introduce you to my beautiful sun chaser.  I've been working on her for awhile now and I was finally able to finish her last night.  I really LOVE the way she turned out.


I love gypsies and I was inspired by Kellie Pickler's "Little Bit Gypsy".  I definitely think I'm a "little bit gyspy", lol.  If you follow me on FB, they you've seen her coming to life slowly.  She's painted on wood and I started with her then added the background last.


I used a combination of acrylic paints and stamps.  She is hand drawn but the sentiment, peacock feathers, butterflies and circles are stamped.


I am SO SO PLEASE with the way she turned out.  Well guys, I won't take to much of your time.  Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing a little piece of your day with me.  I hope you'll stop back by tomorrow for the PWP DT Blog Hop.


HAVE A BEAUTIFUL, BLESSED DAY!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning! Love the colours and your lady is fabulous! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you are so pleased….she is so lovely! GREAT sentiment beside your lovely sun chaser! Have a creative day today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...