Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Frida Por Vida - Mixed Media Art

Hi everyone, I have some new art to share with you today!


This is my latest mixed media original canvas entitled "Frida Por Vida".  It's a large 20x24 deep canvas.


This was my first attempt on Frida.  I've seen so many renditions that I thought it was time for me to do my own interpretation.  So I began sketching in my art journal while I was waiting for my son to finish up his band practice.  This is my original sketch :D


I wanted to paint her on a large canvas so I re-sketched the whole thing on my canvas.  If I'm using a small canvas, I'll just use tracing paper to add my sketched image.  You can see that my canvas sketch turned out a bit different but that's cool with me.


Loving those bold colors!!


You can't really tell from the pics but I used molding paste for the roses on her head.  The have a lot of great texture.


Oh yes, she's coming along nicely!!


I'm so happy with the colors.  I don't plan my colors, I just start working and decide as I go.


More roses, they were among my favorite things to sketch when I was little!


My son thinks she needs more shadows.  What do you think?


Gorgeous, I'm feelin pretty proud :D


So there you had it, "Frida Por Vida"!  Prints are now available in my Etsy shop HERE.  The original is also available for purchase but will probably not be listed in my Etsy shop.  So if you're interest in the original, please message me on Facebook.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to let me know what you think!  Suggestions and constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Have a Beautiful Day & "Frida Por Vida"!


2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Norma! You should be proud! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - this is stunning! The richness of the colours is beautiful and love love all the details - wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...