Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wings - Art Journal

Happy Wednesday my sweet, sweet bloggie friends!  I hope everything is well in your part of the world.  For me all is fine but yesterday I was in a bit of a slump.  Not for any particular reason, just the normal cycles of life I guess.  So I sat down flipping through my smaller art journal and this beautiful background filled will vibrate colors popped out at me just begging to be finished.  Now I have to be honest, I really wasn't in the mood for creating but I've come to realize that it's during these times that its most important to forge on and so I began.  As I worked, I could feel my spirit lifting, my eyes twinkling with excitement and a smile forming on my face as my page came to life.  Ah.....the power of art at its best, and in the end this is what my heart had to share:

I'm not always good at putting my thoughts and feelings into words.  Truthfully, I like keeping them to myself most of the time.  So I tend to look for quotes that express them for me.  Sometimes I choose a quote to use because its what I need to hear or remind myself of at the time.

Since I've been art journaling so much lately, I went to bed thinking about what it really means to me.  What I came up with is that art journaling is more than just a way for me learn.  It's a way for me to share the colors of my soul.

Art journaling is a very personal thing.  We all have our own personal styles of expression.  You know, I often create things with others in mind.  I worry if they're good enough, will my project by liked, would someone want to buy it and so on but these are just for me.

They're the pieces of my soul that I get to keep.  They're the story of my creative journey and through the layers of paint, paper, inks and twine my heart gets to shine purely for me, for my own happiness.

So I have to say, I especially loving the way this page turned out!

I hoped you didn't mind this other side of me today and that I made some kind of sense, lol.  One of my goals this is year is to be more open with my feelings instead of always keeping them locked up.  I'm usually a very quite person but my mind is always racing.  My inner voice is always speaking to me helping me find balance and work my way through this crazy life, lol.

Thank you all so much for stopping by today!  If you've never tried art journaling, I hope I've inspired you to give a try.  Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

I've entered this project in the Simon Says Stamp & Show - Something Messy Challenge

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful job Norma. Balance sometimes can be hard to find. We just have to keep reminding ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing page .. love the saying. How did you do the saying, paint it or use some type of marker ? I have no painting skill, but if there is a marker I could do that :) Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Signo pens. I'm gonna go stop by your blog ;D

      Delete
  3. love the colors on this!! totally awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning, Norma!! Wow, I am just in awe...I could stare at it for hours!! Every design element is perfect!! I love everything about it!! Art is therapy :) Have a wonderful Wednesday my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Norma and such amazing use of colour! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are so beautifull and vivid! Maybe you just needed them to cheer you up!! And yes you do make sense, don't worry...:) Hope you do find the way to make you inner change and reach your goal! Great page Norma.... and post too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i thought it was a wonderful post and fabulous AJ page! Beautifully expressed and I'm glad you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and so inspirational, love those wonderful colours and images. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning & Beautiful!!
    Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful. I love the fabulous colours and incredible textures. Art journaling is about expressing yourself. Not necessarily with words though. Playing with mediums can be such a liberating feeling.

    This year, I finally found what keeps me art journaling...photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE these gorgeous colourful pages!! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this - the colours are gorgeous and the white highlights really make the composition pot. Thanks so much for joning us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations at SSS! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...