Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blessings

I was working on this painting on Thursday when we received the call from our son saying the baby was coming and they were already at the hospital.  We grabbed our stuff, picked up our youngest from school and then went straight to the hospital.  It was a long night and finally at 3:00 am our grand daughter was born.  She's the first girl in our family so we are all very excited.  Our son gave my husband the perfect birthday gift.  Unfortunately she's having a bit of trouble and is in the NICU, but luckily it's nothing major and she should be released very soon.  With all the excitement of her birth and my husband's birthday, I hadn't had a chance to get back to painting until today.  In light of everything that's happened over the last few days, I knew my sentiment had to be "Blessings" in honor of our newest addition :o)

I used a page from an old hymn book we found at an antique shop, scraps of scrapbooking paper and buttons that belonged to my Mom.


The hymn is "The Lord Bless You and Keep You".  I also used a stamp that reads, " For He Will Command his Angels concerning You to Guard You in all your Ways" Psalms 91:11



The hearts are actually the negative space of 12x12 scrapbook paper.  The orange paper was is in my scrap stash.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...