Saturday, February 25, 2012

Getting a little painting in tonight

I was feeling inspired after our Scout awards banquet so I started on a new project.  This is what I have so far, I'm waiting for the gel medium to dry.  I started by applying white gesso to the canvas with a palette knife then I used a q-tip to draw some designs into the gesso.  Next I used some Liquitex soft body acrylic (color: unbleached titanium) and finally applied pieces of sheet music.  I wanted to just transfer the print but it wasn't working for me tonight so I just tore it up and glued them on instead.  Not sure where I'm going from here but I'm sure I'll figure it out once my glue dries up ;o)



I used the gel medium to adhere the sheet music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...