Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Namaste - Paper Mache Heart

Hi everybody!  I'm back with another paper mache heart.  I've actually had this one here partially done for months.  So I decided that it was time to finish her up.  She is done in the same colors of my last two pieces for the same reason, to finish up the paint I had out.

I'm calling this one Namaste because of the mandala inspired background.

I was really inspired by the beautiful mandala designs all over Pinterest so I just started doodling.  I also did a little stamping to help fill the background.

I did all of the doodling freehand using a Faber-Castell Pitt Pen and then painted them in and highlighted using a white Sign pen.

I chose not to prime my flowers so the colors are muted by the dark background.

I think that keeping the color toned down really helps her stay the focal image even though there is a lot going on in the background.

She was drawn a long time ago so instead of starting all over, I decided to just go with it and paint her in.

Even the back got a coat of paint ;D

When I look at her "Namaste" instantly comes to mind but I decided not to write it on there.  What do you think, should I add some words or leave it the way it is?  Let me know your thoughts!!

Thank you for stopping by & have a beautiful, peaceful day!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this Norma! Your doodling is fabulous! I haven't worked on paper mache before, I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful heart! Fabulous colours. It's good that you are able to use up paints - best not to waste them. She is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Norma!!!! WOW I just love this!!
    AWESOME job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...