Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Boy - Mixed Media Canvas

I was inspired to do a boy piece after meeting a fellow Artisan at Homestead last week.  She asked if I had anything that could go in a boys room and I really didn't, so I got to work & this is what I came up with:


When I think about boys, rock n roll and puppy dogs come to my mind so that's what I added.  The background of my canvas is layer after layer of acrylic paint, gesso and misc. papers.  The guitar, stars and flourishes are all stamps. 


I found the perfect photo and printed it on matte photo paper, then cut it out and adhered it with Mod Podge.  Once it was dry, I went around it with an orange oil pastel and added some rubons to balance out the composition.


The quote is a stamp by Cloud9 Design, it reads:

BETWEEN THE
innocence of babyhood
AND THE
Dignity of manhood,
WE FIND A
Delightful creature
OF A boy.
                                 _Allan Beck

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!
Don't be shy, let me know whatcha think ;o)
I love reading your comments!!!



24 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! The photo is so sweet and that quote couldn't be further from the truth. A very inspiring work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - amazing canvas! Love to see all the details Great quote - that would be perfect for my nephews too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness Norma!!! This is awesome! This has inspired me to get that piece of canvas out and get busy on it! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're inspiring me too with your great tutorials!

      Delete
  4. This is stunning! Love the photo and the saying and every little thing about it!! WONDERFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauiful and inspiring. One day I'd like to try my hand at mixed media!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its so much fun but I have to warn you: once you try it, you'll be hooked!

      Delete
  6. beautiful texture, details and colors!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely lovely!
    And the quote is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Jo, I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  8. Great job, I love the picture and the quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a precious piece. Nice quote as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great piece! I love your background work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! Amazing piece of art...very inspirational.
    Great Days,
    Jazz
    alittledabofglue.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, inspirational art is what I'm going for. I love reading quotes and inspirational books so I feel like this is my way of maybe lifting someone's spirit when they may be having a bad day or maybe just remind them to appreciate those around them :D

      Delete
  12. Im so amazed with this piece...Jasmine is absolutely right about it being inspirational.. You have such an eye for detail, and the textures and stamps and the colors just seemed to perfectly blend together in all the right places.. Good job!!! sort of in awe of your creativity...Thank you so much for sharing all your art/creativity with us :)
    ~Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Bethany, they really made my day :D I'm so glad you stopped by today!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...