Thursday, July 19, 2012

Little Honey Bee's Sweet Treats

Hey Friends, I hope you all are having a fabulous week!!  It's been super busy around here and I haven't been home much.  So hopefully I'll get a catch up on my blog reading over the weekend.  I'm really missing seeing all of your amazing projects.  I have been reading all of your wonderful comments and am really grateful that you took the time to leave me some kind words :D

Today, I have a 12x12 Mixed Media canvas to share with you.  I actually completed this one over the weekend and have been dying to share it with you.  For this canvas I wanted to do something a little different so I thought "how bout a big cupcake" :D  I'm calling this one "Sweet Treats"


To start out, I applied a mixture of blue soft body acrylic with Liquitex Glass Beads Medium.
Once the Glass Bead medium cured, it gave me some really nice texture.  Next I layered in green soft body acrylic, using a baby wipe to blend the two colors together.

I thought about painting in the cupcake but in the end I decided to use my Cricut instead.  I found this super cute cupcake on the Doodlecharms cart and cut it at 8'.

Before attaching the cupcake, I built up my background using several Tim Holtz stamps.

I added dimension to the cupcake top with 3-D Enamels then I used soft oil pastels to color it in adding highlights and low lights.  The cupcake cup is covered in pretty pink tissue paper and to finish it off, I added various buttons, lace, ribbons and a little key from my stash.

 Here's a closer look at the cupcake :D

Since I wrote in "Little Honey Bee's Sweet Treats", I thought it needed to have a couple little bees buzzing through!

Here's a close up of the glass beads, it's kinda hard to see but they shimmer beautifully. 

Before I head out, I'd like to WELCOME our newest friend Simplycrafty!!  THANK YOU so much for joining us here at Little Honey Bee Studios, I'm so happy to have you following along :D
Well friends, I've gotta run....SEE YA!!!



13 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! That is so beautiful, and who doesn't LOVE cupcakes, right?! I love all the pictures you added because I'm such a visual learner and it really helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just so cool! i totally love cupcakes!! great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love all the textures.

    Hugs
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! Love this! This might just "take the cake" as my favorite of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love all the texture! Love using the glass beads too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza!!! Another beautiful canvas! This is totally awesome! You amaze me with every little detail you add.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your become for following!! Your work is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Norma what an eye catcher!! I love it, all fab!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously inspiring gorgeousness! So glad I stopped in! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! I absolutely love the background and the cupcake is fabulous!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Fab Norma! I love all the color's you choose. :-D TFS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...