Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sweet Harvest - Psalm 91:11

I was finally able to get some better pics of my latest canvas this morning, YAY! 

I'm calling this 12x12 canvas "Sweet Harvest".  My inspiration for this piece came from a recent trip to Hobby Lobby.  The isles were full of the warm rich colors of fall and the sunflowers really stood out to me.

With fall in mind, I got to work.  First I doodled on some flourishes with 3D Gloss Enamels.  I wanted to add texture and dimension to my background.  If you use this product on your project, be sure to let it dry naturally.  I let this cure over night before continuing.

Next I began layering in my colors using Raw Umber and Yellow Oxide Golden Fluid Acrylics.  I also used TH masks with Red Liquitex spray paint.  I spread the red paint around with a baby wipe to blend it into by background.  I also used some ART-C mist to tone the color down a bit.

Remember those 3D doodles?  I ran my brayer over the canvas with some Raw Umber to help them pop.  I love the way they turned out :D 

In keeping with the harvest feel, I used some burlap and stamped my sentiment on canvas.  I  wanted to tie the red in and give the canvas piece a finished look so I ran it through my sewing machine with some red thread.  It was looking a little stark to me so I toned it down with ART-C Mist.

The beautiful die cut sunflowers are from K&Company and those gorgeous roses are from Paper Studio.

Here's a closer look :D

The blue strip of patterned paper is from an ART-C kit.

I've been wanting to use that feather for awhile!  

Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed today's post!!  Be sure to let me know what you think :D  I really LOVE reading comments!!!

Stay tuned for some EXCITING news coming SOON!!!!!

17 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is one of my favorites! Just beautiful. The feather topped it off perfectly. Love seeing your process. It just amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is naturally one of my faves since the sunflower is my favorite flower! Beautiful job, Norma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love watching how it all came together! fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome I think I will try canvas next. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This canvas is just beautiful. I have some stockpiled but have been afraid to try something new!
    You have made me want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is just beautiful! I've always wanted to make a canvas but I don't know if I have the vision.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING - Love the colors and all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canvas is amazing! Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally GORGEOUS, Norma!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Norma - I just love your amazing creations. This is just so beautiful. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is uber cool i love all the texture and your swirls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job with your blank canvas! It turned out amazing. I love the detail time and care that you put into your work.

    Have a great day!
    Michael Lounsbury

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is fantastic! I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I love the harvest colors! Perfect canvas to hang this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...