Monday, July 2, 2012

Studio Clean Up Time :D

Did you have a great weekend?!  I did, I spent it around the house relaxing and of course catching up on chores but that's ok ;D  I really didn't want to go anywhere so I really enjoyed being home.  Yesterday I spent part of the day cleaning up my studio.  It was starting to look like a hurricane had gone through, lol.  My DH fixed up my new Billy bookcase that I told you about a couple of weeks ago, I'll show you what he did in a minute but first let me show you my studio nice and clean :D

The last time I shared pics of my studio I didn't include my son's side because it was a mess.  Since then my things have creeped over, lol. 

The drawers and shelves still have all of his things but now he only has a small part of the tabletop.  I had to move my sewing things out of the guest room so now they live on his desk.

This is his little corner of the desk.

He's always on that darn IPOD.

or building something cool :D

This is my computer station and my side of the shelving.  These are from the Container Store Elfa Decor collection in Walnut.  I love that I can move them around as my needs change.

See my workstation is all clean!!

Okay, so this is where I added the new Billy bookcase.  My studio is in our loft so I have very limited wall space.  The space behind my new bookcase (the small one) on the right is all banisters but I really wanted to move my Stampin Up ink pad holder off of my desk because I don't use the stamps very often.  The problem was that I was afraid that anything I placed on top of the bookcase might fall off into the stairs. 

So I started looking around to see what I could put back there and I found this piece of fencing we had laying around.   My husband mounted it to the back of my bookshelf yesterday and I was able to do a little rearranging.  I really like that it doesn't block the light or view but stills provides a safe background for anything I place on top.

Here's a closer look at what's inside my cabinet.  This is where I keep my Cricut Carts, scrapbooks and scrapbook papers.  I use plastic trays to sort my papers by color and theme.  I like having them behind closed doors to keep the dust off :D

I keep all of my scraps under my workstation and sort them by color too.

Baby is my constant companion :D  Isn't she soooo cute!!

Well, now that everything is all clean it's time to start creating and mess it all up again!  Thanks for stopping by today :D

Have a Great Day!!!!!!

19 comments:

  1. Amazing space!!! I love it!! Your pup is adorable!! LOL And I know what you mean about those ipods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. norma your studio is AMAZING! love it so- my son has his skylanders poster up as well! LOL!

    where did you get the billy book case- LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous space! Love the book cases!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stuodio is fantastic! I'm so jealous. I love the fact you share it with your son. And the fence behind the bookcase idea is inspired!

    P.S. Did you see my weekend blog event? Lots of chances to win scrapbooking stuff here: http://www.jennifersjumbles.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/end-of-weekend-but-not-end-of.html
    but hurry, giveaways close tonight! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful studio! I love all your organization!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW Norma - what a space. Your hubby is a real star. Love the use of the fence piece to save your things from falling. So organised too:-) TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. summer has been wearing me out, so stay at home days are welcome here, too. :) your space is amazing. ENVIOUS! :) your little baby is absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to come scrap in your space, it's AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your space and wish mine was as clean as yours.. thanks for the push on getting it clean.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Norma:) I wouldn't mind spending my time in your studio! I love how everything is so organized! I love that big billy bookcase and it's so cute that your son has his own space. I can't show my son these pictures or he will also want his own space next to me LOL!! Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting space and for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a awesome work space, Norma!! I love the fence behind the bookcase - it looks so fabulous!! And your little doggie is so sweet!! I need to hire you to come clean up my craft room...it's been hit hard by Tornado Lisa ;)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what space you have! Such a cool place to just hang even :o) I almost had to move to our loft so if that ever comes up again you have definitely given me some ideas :o) Don't you love the little spaces we can give to our kids and they feel like it's enormous just being close while we work, love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your studio . . . it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your space honey, so organized and pretty! Love the Pikachu! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What a great space! My son has a small area in my room too but I LOVE how you've given your older son his space as well. I will be doing this when he gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great space, its so light! My Smalls work alongside me sometimes too but they are still little enough to keep needing me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful room!!!! I m currently trying to reorganize but it's impossible with the limited space I have- one desk- 2 shelves and a book case in another room- it's a mess but I love it. Thanks for the great tips- a billy bookcase might be just what I needed- I also love how you stored the stamp pads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your studio! Everything is very well organized. Boxes, drawers, and shelves are a really great help in keeping the area clean, are space-saving, and can be good decorative pieces too.

    Rosalee Scher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...